As a follow up to my Chocolate Super Shake, I wanted to give a rundown of just how super its ingredients are. These superfoods provide everything from the highest quality plant proteins, most powerful antioxidants, abundance of high fibre, act as weight-loss catalysts, and aid in the prevention and treatment of many ailments and diseases. I wasn’t kidding when I said your mind will be blown. Check out the rest of their incredible benefits below!
One of the most powerful plant foods on the planet
- Major source of fibre – contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
- Helps reduce risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes
- Contains essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid/ omega-3, good fats that have heart-healthy effects.
- Rich source of micronutrients, manganese, vitamin B1, and antioxidants
- Lowers cholesterol
- Improves blood sugar
- Protects against radiation skin damage
- Aids digestive health
- The first question I usually get about Lecithin is, “What the heck is it?” Lecithin can be found in many foods as an emulsifier occurs naturally in soybeans and egg yolks
- Benefits are great and include reducing high cholesterol, anxiety, and eczema
- It is also used in treatments for gallbladderdisease, liver disease, certain types of depression, memory disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, as well as multiple sclerosis
- Its detergent-like effect on fat, keeps it suspended in the bloodstream, preventing it from settling on membrane walls, and serves as a tool for heart health, as it helps in the prevention of high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, hardening of the arteries
- Cocoa beans have one of the highest mineral contents in the world with the some of the highest natural sources of magnesium, chromium, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, and vitamin C, and provides essential minerals such as calcium and potassium, but the processing of chocolate of course destroys most of this
- It has all the cofactors needed for a healthy metabolism
- It and boosts cognitive performance and lowers LDL cholesterol
- It has an extremely high anti-oxidant content that helps protect against DNA, viral and cellular damage, as well as cancer
- Flavonoids increase the blood flow and oxygen to the brain, reduces the risk of blood clots, increases blood flow to the arteries and lowers high blood pressure
One of the highest quality plant proteins
- Chia seeds hold massive nutrients with very few calories, containing impressive amounts of fibre, high quality protein, omega 3s, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B1, B2 & B3 and potassium
- Loaded with antioxidants
- It’s the most weight loss friendly nutrient in the diet, helping to drastically reduce appetite and cravings.
- Some studies show an effect on cholesterol levels
- Great for bone health, lowering blood pressure and a marker for inflammation.
The perfect balance of essential fatty acids Omega 3, 6 and GLA
- Hemp hearts contain protein that is more digestible than meat, whole eggs, cheese, milk or any other high protein food.
- It is rich in vitamin E, reduces muscle cramps, balances hormones, improves immunity and increases energy levels
- It contributes to heart health, lowered blood pressure, and healthy cholesterol levels
- It improves digestion, metabolic rate, weight loss by reducing cravings for stimulants, sugars, starches and saturated fats, and is a natural way to control blood sugars, therefore benefits diabetes
- It helps with chronic constipation, Celiac Disease, depression, and children with hyperactivity disorders
Nature’s fertility booster
- Promotes bone health, and helps with osteoporosis,
- Regulation of hormones, helping with menopause and acne
- Helps with energy, stamina, endurance, chronic fatigue, mental focus and memory
- Helps combat depression and anxiety
- Great for circulation, prostate health, hair growth and muscle growth
- Promotes sexual function, including libido and fertility